Saturday, October 2, 2010

"This new partnership of CO2"

Dean Cross is the Battalion Chief of the Folsom (CA) Fire Department and a member of Tim Pynes' cohort in our LK10 Apprenticeship. Dean reported this wonderful CO2 story last week on the cohort discussion board.

John




Yesterday, My new CO2 partner Daniel and I had an amazing few hours together. Daniel came to my place of work and road along with me as he also is looking into a fire service carreer. We many time respond to animal and pest concerns if the incident is immediately hazardous. A woman called into the business line and was getting attacked by wasps at her front door. Normally, being the Battalion Chief, I usually assign these types of calls to an engine crew, yet I now know it was the Lord that was telling me to go take care of this problem myself.
The resident ends up being a very prophetic prayerful sister in the Lord in her 70s that I knew years ago from a church we attended. So she invites us in and I begins telling both Daniel and I amazing stories on hearing God's voice and His going before us to battle. I felt the Lord nudge me to have her pray for Daniel and I in this new partnership of CO2 and we all felt the Spirit of God rush over us as she prayed the most amazing prayer for me and Daniel that I have ever heard. She ended the prayer by quoting Matthew 28: 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

I have experienced this twice this week and it is like I hear God saying, there is power when two or three are coming before His throne praying for each other and for God's heart and passion to know us intimately. I just wanted to share this mountain top experience with all of you and yes we did take care of her wasp problem without getting stung. I believe God used this to bring us all together in the first place. She also agreed to continue to pray for us in this area of Luke 10:2b. She knew the passage before I could even tell her what it said. Nice knowing there are older and wiser saints out there being prayer warriors for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment