Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"For the first time, I'm seeing the value of "checking in"."

Apprenticeship Rhythms One and Three: The Weekly Assignments and Daily Forum Posts

The Assignments in Week Eight focus on the simple but powerful idea that "church flows from listening". Below is the forum post of one member of the Apprenticeship. Below that is my response to his post. (You can see how the online forum becomes a place of dialogue and learning.)

John



"Well, I must admit for the first time I am seeing the value of “checking in” (with each other and with God) to planting house churches—such simple practices that take the onus off any particular “leader” and can be replicated by anyone. And while I still don’t care much for the acronym SASHET (men don’t sashet; they CLOG), so far this is the simplest way I’ve heard to get all participants to open up, allowing others to know what is going on in each others’ lives. Good stuff. Thanks John."

My response...

"Thank you. I totally understand your reluctance with SASHET. I felt the same way when I was first introduced to it. However, I am a pragmatist at heart. I'm interested in what works. And, I have to say that I have never found a tool that is this effective at facilitating community. As with any tool (ie, my example of a hammer), it's value increases with experience and training but even a "beginner" can employ it effectively."

1 comment:

  1. Lance Wallnau teaches how intimacy among peers in the workplace can open one up to development of one's destiny by expanding the capacity to believe and follow the things God has put into them that enhance what they are designed to do... He calls in "Into Me See".

    Letting others REALLY see into one's self opens the heart to receive! But, saying that its important is not doing it... we gotta do it!

    ReplyDelete